Your housing choices in Centre County are diverse and choosing a location that fits your lifestyle is an important step in the home-buying process. Luckily, your RE/MAX Centre Realty agents are here for you. We’ve put together some questions to consider when looking at different neighborhoods and make choosing your location a snap:
- Are the homes and lawns well maintained?
- Are there many visible property enhancements such as swimming pools, fences, decks, patios or extensive landscaping?
- Are vehicles primarily parked in garages and driveways, or on the street?
- Are emergency personnel stations close by?
- How close is the nearest hospital?
- What are the local ordinances on pets, parking, lawns, etc.?
You can find detailed information about Centre County schools here.
- Which public, private, and charter schools are available to your location?
- Are they equipped to handle special needs?
- What is the teacher-per-student ratio?
- How well do students perform on standardized test scores?
- What after-school activities are offered?
- What type of sports programs or clubs are offered?
- What are the nearby colleges and technical schools? Are they public or private?
- What percentage of graduating students go to college?
Lifestyle & Work
- Are there supermarkets and drug stores nearby?
- Are there gyms and fitness centers in the area?
- Are there any malls or department stores?
- Is there a central commercial district?
- What kind of public transportation is available?
Recreation and Entertainment
We’ve got a ton of information about parks and recreation in Centre County! Be sure to consider:
- Are there public parks, country clubs, and/or sports teams close by?
- Will there be local festivals and concerts?
- What forms of entertainment are offered?
- What types of sporting facilities are available?
- Is there a Home Owner’s Association?
- Will there be planned community activities?
- Is there a PTA?
- Is there a Neighborhood Watch program?
For more information, be sure to visit Our Community section to learn more about Centre County.